A collection of articles published by the Blue Earth County Historical Society. This volume includes 20 articles on a variety of topics unique to Blue Earth County history.
The Blue Earth County Historian, Volume 1
2 in stock
2 in stock
From articles on innovation in teaching to biographical sketches of some remarkable people, from accounts of the development of local industry to stories of immigration from all parts of the world, plus many more.
These articles were originally published in The Blue Earth County Historian from 2001-2005.
- Mankato High Schools, Part 3
- Keeping Pace with Progress (Brett’s)
- Curling in Blue Earth County
- BECHS Turns 100!
- History of Minneopa Cemetery
- Blue Earth County First Settlement, etc.
- Celebrating Our Past
- Winnebago in Blue Earth County
- My First Dollar
- Gardens of Hubbard House and the Carriage House
- Who is Albert Schippel
- Archaeology in Blue Earth County: The Cambria Focus
- The Andrews Family Opera Company
- Early Resorts on Madison Lake
- Mystery of the Yaeger School House Ghost
- Lebanese Immigration to Mankato
- Century Farms in Blue Earth County
- Diners and Restaurants to Remember
- They Asked To Go: The Untold Story of Early Blue Earth County Women Veterans
Complied by: Donna Webb
Published by: Blue Earth County Historical Society
Format: Softcover; B&W images and illustrations, 136 pages, 6 x 9