The BECHS staff works with an innovative, community-centered approach to continue to preserve and share this county’s rich heritage.
Open positions are listed below.
R.D. HUBBARD HOUSE ASSISTANT 2023
The Historic R.D. Hubbard House, operated by the Blue Earth County Historical Society, is located at 606 S. Broad Street, Mankato. The historic house museum chronicles the life and times of Mankato flour mill entrepreneur R.D. Hubbard in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The Hubbard’s home, built in 1871 stands as one of the finest examples of Victorian architecture and design in Minnesota. The adjoining Carriage House contains a collection of horse-drawn vehicles and antique automobiles. Victorian gardens landscape the two buildings. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Guided tours are available seasonally Memorial Day to Labor Day weekends and December. www.BlueEarthCountyHistory.com.
The R. D. HUBBARD HOUSE ASSISTANT is a part-time, seasonal position responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the Historic R.D. Hubbard House, providing high quality customer service, and conducting various interpretive programs. Requirements The Hubbard House Assistant must have/be:
- Ability to work the posted Hubbard House schedule: Friday and Saturday 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and Sunday 12:30-4:30 p.m. (Memorial Day to Labor Day weekends) required.
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent, required. Bachelor’s degree in Education, History, Museum Studies, Communications, or related field, preferred.
- Highly developed and demonstrated organizational and communication skills, specifically public speaking, are essential.
- Demonstrate customer service skills and/or retail experience in working with a diverse public.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time while giving tours inside and outside, and while selling tickets or merchandise.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively and maintain positive working relationships.
- Interest in local history; knowledge of Minnesota, Blue Earth County and/or Victorian period history helpful.
To Apply: We encourage you to apply even if your experience is not a perfect match for this position. We are seeking a candidate with relevant skills and experience – and someone who wishes to grow in the position. Wages: $12.00/hour
Please send resume, cover letter, and list of three references to Jessica Potter, Executive Director at Director@BlueEarthCountyHistory.com with “Hubbard House Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.